Capture Actual Date Task Was Checked Off

Copper Contributor

Is there any way to capture when a task was actually checked off using either a custom formula or maybe some fields I am not aware of? Or what about Finish Variance? Is there a way to use that field to see the difference between when a tasked was checked off vs Finish Date? Thanks for any help or suggestions!

7 Replies
Jamie Salbeck,
Is there a way? Yes, but it would require using an event based macro to capture the current date based on the task being marked as complete. The same with the Finish Date or Variance.
John
Thanks, do you have any insight on how I might go about creating the macro?
Jamie Salbeck,
Sure, here is an article on how to set up the project change event. You need to be careful when using the change event so it is isolated to fire only when a specific change occurs, like when percent complete equals 100%.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/project.project.change
Thank you so much for your help, I will take a look!
Jamie Salbeck,
You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.
John
John,
Have you ever created something like this? Just looking it seems to be beyond my level of experience. I'm wondering if I can use the example they provide as a starting point and tweak it to my needs.

@Jamie Salbeck 

I have not written a Event based macro like what you want, at least, not that I remember. Yes, you should be able to follow the steps and tweak it as needed. If you do, please let us know how it works out.

John