Cannot import activity duration from excel

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

this is my first post because I just started to use MS Project. I'm Italian so sorry for my English (not traslated with Google8)).

When I try to import activities from a .xlsx file everything works properly but it doesn't import the activity duration also if it found the correspondance.

This is my data origin file:

ErikLevada_0-1657390821977.png

This is correspondances found during import procedure:

ErikLevada_1-1657390933999.png

And this is the result:

ErikLevada_2-1657391002815.png

Can please someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Erik

2 Replies
Erik,
It works for me and I don't see anything obvious in the process you used.

The duration value imported to Project will be in the units that are set for the Duration field. For example, the default is "days" so the duration value from Excel will import as days in Project. If the Project option is set for Duration values to be in weeks, the duration value from Excel will import as weeks in Project. I don't recall if this is the case for previous version of Project.

1. What version of Project are you using?
2. What version of Office?
3. Are both Project and Office fully updated?
4. What units value do you have set for the Duration field (e.g. days, weeks, etc.)?
John
Hi Erik You can try, before importing, to configure in Options (Schedule section): For all new projects, that New tasks created are scheduled automatically? If you need them to be manual, convert them later and delete the Start and Finish dates. I await your comments.