SOLVED

Cannot connect to PWA

Copper Contributor
I've linked my PWA account to Project Desktop, but when I was trying to open a project from Online it says "Project Professional is connected to a different PWA account. Close Project and try again.". 
Not sure if it's because I've signed in in two computers, but I've logged out of one computers and this problem still persist. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!! :)
2 Replies
best response confirmed by allyally123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

allyally123 --

When you launch Microsoft Project, do you see a Login dialog? If not, click File > Info > Manage Accounts and then select the Configure Accounts item.  In the lower left corner of the Project Web App Accounts dialog, select the Choose An Account item, and then click the OK button.  Exit Microsoft Project and then re-launch the software. In the Login dialog, click the Profile pick list and select the correct login account for your organization's Project Online system, and then click the OK button. Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks so much, Dale! I followed your instructions and used a new name for the same list and it worked! No sure if its because the names are duplicated and so the error message pops up though.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyally123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

allyally123 --

When you launch Microsoft Project, do you see a Login dialog? If not, click File > Info > Manage Accounts and then select the Configure Accounts item.  In the lower left corner of the Project Web App Accounts dialog, select the Choose An Account item, and then click the OK button.  Exit Microsoft Project and then re-launch the software. In the Login dialog, click the Profile pick list and select the correct login account for your organization's Project Online system, and then click the OK button. Please let us know if this helps.

View solution in original post