Baseline in Subproject or Masterproject

Copper Contributor

Hallo ,

Ich habe eine Frage und ich wäre für einen Ratschlag sehr dankbar:

Ich habe in einem Masterplan(Portfolio) 2 Unterprojekte, die mit einem Basisplan versehen sind und füge diese in Einen Masterplan ein, um Den Fortschritt meines Projektportfolios an einer Stelle zu überwachen.

Würden Sie die Basispläne in den Unterprojekten erstellen und diese dann in den Masterplan einfügen? Oder würden Sie die Unterprojekte ohne Basisplan in das Gesamtportfolio einfügen und dann einen Basisplan in dem Masterprojekt erstellen?

Die Vorgangsaktualisierung über die Maske „Vorgang aktualisieren“ oder die Tabelle „Überwachung nehmen sie in den Unterprojekten oder im Masterplan vor?

Für Ihren Ratschlag bin ich Ihnen dankbar.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

4 Replies

@Juergen_Bruns -- I would recommend that you baseline each of the subprojects individually.  The only reason that you would baseline a master project is if the master project contains its own tasks, along with its subprojects.  Hope this helps.

Many thanks
I am very grateful
Cheers
Jürgen

@Dale Howard Thank you Dale, thats good.

But what if I would like to track my small Portfolio in one View??

Kind regards

@Juergen_Bruns - All of the baseline information from each subproject will be visible in your master project.  This means that you can see schedule variance in the Tracking Gantt view, Start and Finish variance in the Variance table, Work variance in the Work table, and Cost variance in the Cost table.  The only information you WILL NOT see is the overall variance for the master project itself, as shown on the Project Summary Task (Row 0 or Task 0) for the master project.  If you need to see this information as well, you can save the baseline for the master project, which will not overwrite the baseline already saved in the subprojects.  Hope this helps.