SOLVED

Automatically adjust the start and finish dates for new projects

Brass Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have old MS Project 2010 template which I use to create new project. It contains dates back in 2012.
How can I adjust start and finish dates to current 2021 without breaking constrains like durations, predecessors?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan 

5 Replies
rohanw24,
Use the Move Project feature found under, Project > Schedule group > Move Project.

John
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any automated solution or trick to do this? Actually I'm creating this project through C# into the Project Online using ReST API. So while creating a project I send EnterpriseProjectTypeId. Using this ID it automatically creates a task schedule structure for that project but with 2012 Start and Finish dates. I want it to be scheduled with 2021 dates without using Project desktop client app as it's bit time consuming process due to large no. of tasks.

Best Regards,
Rohan
rohanw24,
Sorry I can't help you with Project Online, ReST API or C#, I only work with the Project desktop app. Hopefully someone else with will jump in with a suggestion.
John
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution
Hi John,

This issue has been resolved after changing template task schedule mode from manual to auto. Some of the tasks were scheduled in manual mode.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohan

@rohanw24 

Great, thanks for the feedback, I'm glad it was a simple "fix".

John

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution
Hi John,

This issue has been resolved after changing template task schedule mode from manual to auto. Some of the tasks were scheduled in manual mode.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohan

View solution in original post