Adding visuals to Project Detail Pages in PWA

Copper Contributor

I am creating a Project Status Report within a Project Detail Page (Called Monthly Status Report) and I am trying to add visuals to a RAG Status section instead of just seeing the text, red, amber, or green.  The fields are custom fields I created that are set to use graphical indicators.  The graphical indicators work fine in the Project Center, but can't seem to figure out how to get visuals in a Project Details Page.  Is there a specific webpart I can use instead of the Basic Info webpart?

I've attached a screenshot of what I currently have.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hello @John Passaro ,

The graphical indicators render in the Project Center grid, unfortunately they don't render in the PDP's as you have seen.

Paul

Thank you, Paul. Outside of using the PDP's for Project-specific Status Reports, can you suggest a better mechanism where I can leverage visuals (besides Power BI; I'm not well versed in it and the tables/fields needed)?

Hello @John Passaro ,

Stick with Power BI if you can - have you tried starting with the report template from Microsoft? Details here: https://github.com/OfficeDev/Project-Power-BI-Templates/tree/master/Project%20Online 

Paul