SOLVED

Add a 2nd project manager...

Brass Contributor

Hi team

I need a 2nd PM to be able to access a POL project.  Naturally they have a Project Plan 3 licence, POL permissions have been set and in security groups they are PM and Team Member.  I thought it would OK to add them to Build team but without assigning them to a task but that didn't work.

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks 

James 

5 Replies
best response confirmed by James_Price (Brass Contributor)
Solution
James --

You can do this through Project Permissions. Log into PWA and navigate to the Project Center page. At the far left end of the line for the project in question, click the row header to select that project. In the Projects ribbon, click the Project Permissions button. On the Permissions page, click the New button. On the Edit Project Permissions page, add the second PM to the list on the right and then select ALL of the checkboxes at the bottom of the page. Click the Save button. Now the second PM should be able to see, open, check out, edit, save, and publish the project in question. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for your help on this Dale.
James
You are more than welcome for the help, my friend! :)
Hello Dale, hope you are well! I have done this too, The second PM can do everything except build team. Any ideas on what could be the issue?
Robinjvv --

The problem is likely caused by the security Group to which the second PM belongs. Without seeing the setup of your Project Online system, I cannot troubleshoot the problem any further. Hope this helps.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by James_Price (Brass Contributor)
Solution
James --

You can do this through Project Permissions. Log into PWA and navigate to the Project Center page. At the far left end of the line for the project in question, click the row header to select that project. In the Projects ribbon, click the Project Permissions button. On the Permissions page, click the New button. On the Edit Project Permissions page, add the second PM to the list on the right and then select ALL of the checkboxes at the bottom of the page. Click the Save button. Now the second PM should be able to see, open, check out, edit, save, and publish the project in question. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post