SOLVED

365 group not showing for selection in Project For Web

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Creating a project (new to Project for web) but the particular 0365 group that I want to assign this project too, doesn't show in the drop down list.  Many others do, no obvious difference in them.  I'm the owner of the group and it's not new.  Anything obvious I'm missing?

Thanks...

11 Replies

@DavyNix I am having this exact problem right now. Did you resolve?

best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

Hi @LisaJ365 ,

Yep - but my memory is terrible :)  - I'm pretty sure you need to be a member of the group and not just an owner .  Let me know if that works!

@DavyNix - You are correct, you have to be assigned as a member of the group to see it

@DavyNix Yes, that worked! Thank you so much. 

@DavyNix I am having this issue even though I have both Owner and Member status within the O365 group.
I don't suppose there are any other things to check?

@DHiscoke when you click the Select group, then press the Down Arrow button in your keyboard, and see if you are able to see the M365 group.

Thank you so much! This worked such a silly thing!
@microsoft Why is there no Scroll bar to indicate it's a longer list and why is it not "scrollable" with the mouse wheel?
This should be a product UI design issue, and I'm reporting this issue to product group to improve the design.

@DHiscoke 

I am the owner of a group, which I believe means I should also be a member. Unfortunately, I cannot view the group to add my project for the web. How did you make yourself an owner and a member to view your expanded group list?

@leticiacastillon You have to explicitly assign yourself as a member also.  If it's a Teams group you can do this in Teams, or you can go to Azure, find the group and add yourself as a member.

@RFromm  I added myself as a member and still cannot view the group. I previously added project for the web files with a channel as the team owner, but I cannot do so as a member or owner. Any advice?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dale Howard (MVP)
Solution

Hi @LisaJ365 ,

Yep - but my memory is terrible :)  - I'm pretty sure you need to be a member of the group and not just an owner .  Let me know if that works!

View solution in original post