Re-size slides in Handout Master to fill page?

Copper Contributor

I use PPT 2013 to create documents and would like to print them 2 slides per page in color - two 8.5 X 11 slides per 11 X 17 page (pdf). I have tried everything I can think of, have searched Microsoft and the forum (and Googled in general) and cannot get the slides to use more than 2/3 of the available space (see attached image). So much wasted space, with the slides being too small to really be useful.

Does anyone have any ideas that will work? I could save each slide as an image and paste that image onto a Word doc or into a ledger-sized slide, but am hoping Microsoft finally figured out we would like some control over creating our own handout layouts.

Thanks,

Deb

3 Replies

@DebLQ 

Hi Deb

Maybe give these instructions a whirl and see if it helps?

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/workaround-for-printing-slides-without-white-edges-ec7436cb...

Best wishes!

Damien

Hey Damien,

Thanks for the link - I had found this and tried it, but it basically seems that I accomplish the same thing using Print Slides... I can print the full slide, but not two per page (unless I misunderstood the instructions at the link).

I am trying to print 2 slides on a legal or ledger page and want them to use almost the entire space. Maybe I have finally found something PPT cannot do!!

Deb

@DebLQ 

Hi Deb

You could be right. Unlike Word for example, you can't play with the margins.

Ok if I had to get creative, I would do the following:

1. Save your presentation as PDF using SAVE COPY AS (not the print as PDF).

2. In Adobe Acrobat, go to your Print settings. Choose an appropriate printer (or you can Print to PDF).

3. Click onto Multiple and change Pages per sheet to 2.

capture20190320092200084.png

You may get a better result this way.

Best wishes!

Damien