PPT Online: Text in Shapes Flips 180 degrees

Brass Contributor

When a user shares a PowerPoint from her OneDrive and I open it in PowerPoint Online, the text initially is correct, but then suddenly flips upside down/180 degrees. If I open the file in the full Desktop App or save as a PDF, the text is correct. It's only when viewing in the browser (Chrome). It's an Org Chart and some, but not all of the text/shape boxes suddenly flip and remain flipped until I open the file again.

4 Replies

@lgonyea Couple of questions that may help us diagnose:

1. Which browser are you using?

2. Does it only happen on that one file, or can you reproduce the problem on other files too?

@Ben Schorr happens in both Chrome and IE. I've only had one Admin who's been sharing her Org Charts from her OneDrive. Other Admins that she shares with complain of the same thing for her handful of Org Charts. Not all boxes flip, about half of them do. I'm feeling that something got corrupt in copy/paste and it's just persisted for at least a year. I'm recommending she create brand new files to see if it happens to those. See the 5 flipped boxes in red frame in the attached. Again, if I open in Desktop App or save as a PDF, all boxes/text are oriented correctly. It's just in OWA that some of them flip upside down.

@lgonyea  O.K., thanks. I'll be curious to hear it if happens in new files too.

@Ben Schorr it did not, so the Admin has resigned herself to replace her charts with brand new ones ...