Insert Icons not present in Powerpoint 2016

Copper Contributor

Hi,

In my former company I had a button to insert scaled vectored items, called Icons. 

It was in the menu Insert > Images > Icons.

I switched companies and in my current office version I don't have this feature. I also can't add it from the menu items in File > Options > Customize Ribbon

Of course I could add images from the internet, but the nice thing about Icons was that I could give them a specific color, while keeping the background transparant. With images from the internet I can only change the "fill" and outline, of the complete picture. 

See picture where the button is missing.

In the online powerpoint version the button is present by the way. 

Is there anything to change in this? 

4 Replies

@evelienk Which PowerPoint version do you use? This is available in PowerPoint in Office 365 and PowerPoint 2019, NOT in PowerPoint 2016.

If you use the subscription version Office 365, an update should add the icons feature. If you use the standalone version 2016, you have to purchase either 365 or 2019.

I have a office 365 subscription. In the online version I do have insert icons. But as soon as I click on "open in desktop app" that button is disappeared.

Just adding the feature is not possible, it is nowhere present in the menu in File > Options > Customize Ribbon

When did you last update your Office 365? Which version no. is shown under File - Account? Icons should be there in an updated version. They cannot be added to the Ribbon via Options.

@evelienk 

Hello everyone,
When you are using one of the applications of office 2019 like MS Word or PowerPoint, you may need to use icons to make your slides stand out.
But sometimes you can not find the Icons icon on your PowerPoint or your Word application, and you may have tried all the suggested fixes on google but still, you are not able to get the icons to your doc.
in this video, I will show an easy trick on how to get Icons for free.

https://youtu.be/WTOb83tBzws

Are you experiencing the frustration of a missing insert icon button in your Office 2019 applications like Microsoft Word or PowerPoint? You're not alone! In this video, we'll tackle the common issue of not being able to find the Icons icon in your PowerPoint or Word application, despite trying ...