Announcing PowerApps web part (preview) for SharePoint Online

Microsoft

We are pleased to announce the preview of the PowerApps web part for SharePoint Online.

PowerApps web part (preview)PowerApps web part (preview)

PowerApps is a service that lets you build business apps that run in a browser or on a phone or tablet, with no coding experience required. Once you have created or customized an app using the service, you can add it to your SharePoint page with the PowerApps web part. 

Getting started

To get started, just add the PowerApps web part from the toolbox and then enter the app's URL or the ID in the property pane. You can grab the app's URL or the ID from your apps page in PowerApps.

Edit PowerApps web part (preview)Edit PowerApps web part (preview)

Web part features

Below are some of the key benefits of using the PowerApps web part to embed your apps on a SharePoint page:

• The Web part automatically signs you into PowerApps.
  • The Web part automatically scales the app to a best fit in the canvas.
  • If you do not like the best fit, you can resize the app (up to the app's max size) using the resizer control.
  • Yes, it works in your SharePoint mobile app.

Release details

We are releasing this web part as a preview, so we can gather feedback and monitor the app's performance. We expect the web part to start rolling out to our customers in Targeted Release in early May 2018.

PowerApps web part (preview)PowerApps web part (preview)

We are excited for you to start using the PowerApps web part and we would love to hear your feedback!

Notes

• Adding the app on a page does not automatically give users permissions to use the app. Users must be granted access to view the app. To learn how to share apps with specific users or security groups, or with your entire organization, see Share an app in PowerApps
  • PowerApps are designed to work best with fixed sizes. For page layout purposes, apps that use a portrait orientation usually fit well in a one-third or three-column layout. Apps that use a landscape orientation usually fit well in a one-column layout. 
  • The PowerApps web part (preview) for SharePoint Online does not yet support screen readers or keyboard navigation.
45 Replies

@Adrian Peraza Romero wrote:

Hi,

Just to confirm, Is this release ready to be used?

Thanks,

It is available for Targeted Release tenants and yes, it is ready to be used :)

I would love to hear if you have any specific feedback!

@geraint james wrote:

Hi Chaks,

It's great to finally be able to use it!!

Could you let me know where the best place would be to post feature requests for the web part? It would be great if it could include the ability to select the 'Form' and/or 'Form Mode' that's initially displayed.

Many thanks,

Geraint

You can add feature requests here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Thanks!

Hi all,

The rollout is now 100% complete. The web part should now be available to all tenants in SharePoint Online.

Please let us know if you have any feedback!

Thanks,
Chaks

Can you please advise when this feature will be deployed to all O365 admins and also available for use in SharePoint modern pages. I cannot access the web part in my environment.

@Michael Cassidy wrote:

Can you please advise when this feature will be deployed to all O365 admins and also available for use in SharePoint modern pages. I cannot access the web part in my environment.

The web part should be available for use in SharePoint modern pages. Can you clarify what you mean by "deployed to all O365 admins"?

@Chakkaradeep (Chaks) Chinnakonda Chandran 

How can I display custom list display form powerapp for the selected item. Can I pass a parameter ID=...?