What is "Flow widgets" and how we can use/benefit from them

Steel Contributor

I am reading documents about Power Automate from Microsoft @ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/ and on this link, they are talking about "Flow widgets":-

Integrate Power Automate with websites and apps

But I am not sure how we can benefit from this ? and what does "flow widgets" do exactly? unfortunately the link does not show a picture about how the "flow widgets" looks like,so i am confused. any advice?

Second question, from my understanding is that "Flow widgets" can be embedded inside public websites, so how users will be using them? For example should the publish users login before? and can they user non-Microsoft accounts? as not all public users have Microsoft accounts.

Regards

6 Replies

@john john Flow widgets in Power automate are used to embed the content from Power automate to your app or SharePoint site or any other website.

You can embed the content/widgets like:

1. List of flows
  2. Power automate Approvals
  3. List of templates
  4. Trigger manual flows

You can use flow widgets in two ways:

1. Unauthenticated widget: You don't need the JS SDK or an access token in this case. You can simply build widget URL & embed it using iframe (see example given below).

2. Authenticated widget: You will need to use Power Automate's JavaScript Software Developer Kit (JS SDK) to embed the flow widgets and provide the required user access token. User will need license in this case to see his/her approvals or to run the flow manually.

Example: I have added below embed/iframe code on SharePoint modern page using Embed web part which shows the available Power automate flow templates for SharePoint connector:

<iframe width="1200px" height="600px" src="https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/widgets/templates/?q=SharePoint
&pagesize=6&destination=new"></iframe>

ganeshsanap_1-1646047609331.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanapthanks for the reply.. but you did not answer my second question, and if users can view the "Flow widgets" using non-microsoft accounts?

Anybody with a working sample how to integrate this on a modern SharePoint page ?

@john john You will need Microsoft account and Power automate license to use and publish the flows from flow widgets.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@Marc Nemegeer Is SharePoint embed web part as shown in my above reply is not working for you? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

No, when I copy/paste your code in an embed web part on a page, it keeps on spinning around without showing a result. One hour later, still spinning, no results.

What I'm really looking for is integrating the approval center on a page ...