SOLVED

Using one button to trigger a flow AND open Power Apps?

Copper Contributor

I know that there is a way to format a column in a SharePoint list to open to a specific screen in Power Apps through deep linking, and that you can trigger a Power Automate flow with a button in a SharePoint list, but I'm wondering if there is a way to do both with one button. I currently have a link embedded using the HTML formatting that directs to an information screen in Power Apps. This screen contains information from the SharePoint list item, but I also need it to include information from another source. I've written a flow that will gather and return the needed information, but it is currently being triggered by a button in Power Apps. Is there any way that, with HTML column formatting, I'd be able to trigger the flow when Power Apps is opened from the SharePoint list?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by reaganbreaux (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@reaganbreaux Unfortunately No. This is not possible by creating a single hyperlink in list view using JSON.

Possible Solutions:

1. Create two separate links/buttons in single list column using JSON formatting - But again user have to click twice --> Not good
  2. Create a link to Power Apps >> Run your flow in onStart property of App control in Power Apps >> Navigate to required screen.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you so much, I didn't even think to add it to OnStart!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by reaganbreaux (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@reaganbreaux Unfortunately No. This is not possible by creating a single hyperlink in list view using JSON.

Possible Solutions:

1. Create two separate links/buttons in single list column using JSON formatting - But again user have to click twice --> Not good
  2. Create a link to Power Apps >> Run your flow in onStart property of App control in Power Apps >> Navigate to required screen.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post