SOLVED

Using Flow to send email to contact found in SharePoint list

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a Form from which the output is saved in a SharePoint list. I now need to create a Flow that combines data in the Form output list with data in another SharePoint list, to send an email or notification.

In the output list I have a column called 'site'.

In my contacts list I have a column called 'site' and a column called 'contact'.

So whenever a new item is created in the output list, the flow should look at the column called 'site', go to the contacts list and find the contact for that site. And send an email.

How do I do that?

I am a bit new to Flow, and so far I only managed to setup notifications for myself.

1 Reply
best response
Solution

Should be able to just use Get items to accomplish this by taking Site from the "When item is added" Trigger and using in in the query of the 'Get Items' step where site eq "site" from the first step. Then in the send email action use the e-mail address from the get items step that matched the site. Quick version shown below. 

flowemail.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Should be able to just use Get items to accomplish this by taking Site from the "When item is added" Trigger and using in in the query of the 'Get Items' step where site eq "site" from the first step. Then in the send email action use the e-mail address from the get items step that matched the site. Quick version shown below. 

flowemail.jpg

View solution in original post