Updating a master excel doc on sharepoint from emailed sheets

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have a master spreadsheet with columns A-V all manually populated. However there are issues with populating the data to go into columns W,X,Y currently, therefore I want to automate the process.

Currently people send a file to an admin team to update the master doc (located in sharepoint), however I think it should be possible to automate this, by picking up the emailed workbook and taking the relevant data to update the master.

I know I will have to create a new unique field in order to make this work, but firstly:

Can I do this?

Is power automate the best way?

Example of my master sheet:

Collis2135_0-1617029103953.png

Then my input sheets would look something like:

Collis2135_1-1617029103808.png

But there would be LOTS of these, several submitted each month by several members of staff, hence why i am suggesting picking these up from an email (I'm assuming I would need to create an email template with fixed text so power automate could pick up - or could it do it from the attachment name?

Thanks in advance

7 Replies

@Collis2135 Rather than an email template you might be better using a form in Microsoft Forms for the users to submit their data. The flow can pick up the submitted details easily.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Thanks Rob, I did wonder about forms initially, but had concerns about the accuracy of data entry and the ability to create a unique identifier.... not necessarily an issue, but I would need to brush up on my forms knowledge too!

Hey im Glasvezelbehanger ,

Thank You so very much Callis Much informative. I highly appriciate your effort.

Hey i am stiiizy

Thanks alot for this informative content. I highly appriciate your effort.

Hey i am serrurier beloeil

Thanks you for this valuable information

Hi, 200x200 image converter
happy to see this valuable information

email address removed for privacy reasons