SOLVED

Unable to read the file after downloading email attachment using power automate

Copper Contributor

Hi all 

Im new to this forum and Im having troubles with power automate tool for downloading email attachment into onedrive using power automate. Each time I provide my own file name instead of using the dynamic content option " File name" it downloads a file which us unreadable.  Could you please help me out? Ive attached a screenshot of the flow.

Cheers

Sameet

Capture.PNG

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Sameet85 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Sameet85 

Under File name you appear to be missing the file extension which would cause you issues. 

You could test if this is the case by downloading the Hours file your workflow has made and add in an appropriate .extension to test this.

If you are using the same file extension for this flow, then that's fine to add it in (e.g. Hours.docx).

Hope that helps. If not, please write back and I'll take a closer look.

Good luck

Damien

Thanks a lot Damien it works now !

@Damien Rosario Thank you very much Damien. It works perfectly. I realize that the issue is that my file name should have the same file extension/type in order to open it.

I searched the internet and other people seem to use the "Get Attachment" solution but it did not work for me.

Thanks again!

Glad I could help! All the best with your workflows.

Cheers
Damien
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sameet85 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Sameet85 

Under File name you appear to be missing the file extension which would cause you issues. 

You could test if this is the case by downloading the Hours file your workflow has made and add in an appropriate .extension to test this.

If you are using the same file extension for this flow, then that's fine to add it in (e.g. Hours.docx).

Hope that helps. If not, please write back and I'll take a closer look.

Good luck

Damien

View solution in original post