SOLVED

Triggering a workflow based on any changes to a field/column

Copper Contributor

Are you able to specify a trigger to look at if a specific field/column changes value (to something different)?  We currently have a trigger when a specific column equals a certain value, but are unable to target any changes to a field/column to trigger the workflow.

Thanks!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by notbobsmith (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@notbobsmith have a look at the blog post by Laura Rogers at https://wonderlaura.com/2020/08/25/flow-when-a-sharepoint-column-is-updated/ but don't just copy her expression as it puts in an incorrect couple of apostrophes, the expression should be 

sub(int(triggerOutputs()?['body/{VersionNumber}']),1)

You must make sure that versioning is switched on for your list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott- Brilliant!  I was just able to test it out and confirm.  Thanks for the great answer and quick response!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by notbobsmith (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@notbobsmith have a look at the blog post by Laura Rogers at https://wonderlaura.com/2020/08/25/flow-when-a-sharepoint-column-is-updated/ but don't just copy her expression as it puts in an incorrect couple of apostrophes, the expression should be 

sub(int(triggerOutputs()?['body/{VersionNumber}']),1)

You must make sure that versioning is switched on for your list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post