SOLVED

(Solved)powerapps and sharepointlist permission problems

Copper Contributor

I have build a powerapps and my data source is sharepoint list.
And i am going to set the permission, is there any way i can set the permission filter by column?

Below is the picture which explains what i mean: for example,

According to my understanding of sharepoint, we can only set the user to read all items or items created by themselves when setting permissions

But in my situation, In my datasource, the administrator will build this datatable , and there's a column named "receiver", i want the receiver who log in to sharepoint list can only see the rows which receiver is themselves.

that is my name is vivian, so I can only see that receiver is a row of vivian.

Did anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? thanks

Vivian_2022_0-1659410407839.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Vivian_2022 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Vivian_2022 Here's the process you can follow for this:

1. Create a power automate flow which will run on item creation/update
  2. Break list item permissions
  3. Grant permissions to user in "Receiver" column (permissions as per your requirements) & site owners (full control permissions).

For more information, check: Power Automate - Break Inheritance And Set List Item-Level Permissions In SharePoint Online 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Vivian_2022 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Vivian_2022 Here's the process you can follow for this:

1. Create a power automate flow which will run on item creation/update
  2. Break list item permissions
  3. Grant permissions to user in "Receiver" column (permissions as per your requirements) & site owners (full control permissions).

For more information, check: Power Automate - Break Inheritance And Set List Item-Level Permissions In SharePoint Online 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post