SOLVED

Single form to multiple lists in sharepoint

Copper Contributor

I want several Sharepoints lists to be filled in from one form, depending on the answer in a question.

I recently used Microsoft Forms for the first time. It is a fairly extensive questionnaire with 90 questions. At the beginning of the questionnaire there is a list of choices to which the other questions depend. The choice made there ensures that many questions are skipped and only the relevant questions for that choice can be filled in. There are, on average, 10 questions per choice, so it skip around 80 questions.

Example:

-Question 1 (list of choices)

• - Option 1
  • - Option 2
  • - Option 3
  • - etc.

-Question 2

-Question 3

-Question 4

-Question 1 (list of choices)

• - Option 1
  • - Option 2
  • - Option 3

-Question 2

-Question 3

-Question 4

Now I have the problem that when I send the results with a flow to a SharePoint list, I get a unclear list with all results with a lot of white fields since these questions have been skipped when filling in.

My wish is that several Sharepoint lists are filled in using microsoft flow, depending on the choice made in the first question.

So separate Sharepoint lists of option 1, option 2, option 3 etc.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Jeldro (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Jeldro ,

I would try using a Switch Case for this. That is, after getting the Forms responses in Flow, use the value in Question 1 to determine each of the Switch Case nodes, and then each Case can update items in a different SharePoint list.

Does that help you...?

Thanks for the tip, I am not familiar with this, but after a quick research I think this can help me.
I will take a try and let you know if it succeeded.
It works perfect, thanks a lot.

Great, @Jeldro - I'm happy to hear it!

Sandy

@Jeldro What did you do to get this to work please?
I have a single form with a multiple choice, each choice referring to a different list and i want the responses to go in which ever list they choose from the multiple choice.

Is this your solution?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jeldro (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Jeldro ,

I would try using a Switch Case for this. That is, after getting the Forms responses in Flow, use the value in Question 1 to determine each of the Switch Case nodes, and then each Case can update items in a different SharePoint list.

Does that help you...?

View solution in original post