SOLVED

show only items assigned to logged on user

Iron Contributor

hi ,

i created a powerapps to let users view tasks in a sharepoint site. i just us d the tooling to have the app generated automagically for me. how to i configure the 'landing' page to only show items assigned to the user?

thanks

5 Replies
Is there not a view defined behind the presentation in the PowerApps?
If there is, can you not filter on Assigned To equal [Me]?
Kind regards, John

Great question John. I don't know if  there is a view defined behind the presentation in the PowerApps. If there is I could certainly configure it to show only the items  assigned to the user.

Is there a view defined behind the presentation in the PowerApps? If so, how do i specify the view to use?

btw, the computer im using to try this out has windows 7, so i can only use the web ui... no Powerapps desktop.

best response confirmed by Russell Gove (Iron Contributor)
Solution
I found that the powerapps has an option to filter the data, but has no example to provide (just started last week :) Check out this PowerApps reference for Filter ... hope that helps you on the way.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-filter-lookup/
Kind regards, John

Give it a shot with something like this... for a Gallery 

ShowColumns(Filter(Complaints,User().Email=AssignedToTxt), "Store","PowerappsCompStatus","Complaint_x0020_Source")

I had to copy the SP list data to a single line of text column, then filter and compare and call the 3 columns I wanted. Hope this helps...

powerapps.pngsplist.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Russell Gove (Iron Contributor)
Solution
I found that the powerapps has an option to filter the data, but has no example to provide (just started last week :) Check out this PowerApps reference for Filter ... hope that helps you on the way.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-filter-lookup/
Kind regards, John

View solution in original post