SharePoint View Entries Error

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to hit the "view entries" on my SharePoint list but it pops up with an error shown below. Just some background, I have a SharePoint Lists that is using PowerApps to create the form. 

Error: 
No item exists at http: URL of [website name]/DispForm.aspx?ID=3.  It may have been deleted or renamed by another user. 

After further investigation it seems like the actual ID on the SharePoint List is 100 (I've created and deleted the items off the list for testing purposes. so maybe why it's at 100?), but when I click view entries it shows up as ID=1 in the URL automatically. 

Question: How can I change it so when I hit "View Entries" it is pulling the ID that's in the SharePoint list and not automatically going 1,2,3,4 and instead pulled it based off what was submitted for example, idea 1 is now 150 idea 2 is now 153. 

Thanks!
9 Replies

@NA20222365 "View Entries" link is SharePoint default or you created this link in Power apps customized form? If you have created it, there might be a chance you mistakenly used wrong ID while generating the link.

Can you show us the screenshot of "View Entries" link you are referring? Also, URL [website url]/lists/listName/DispForm.aspx?ID=3 goes to display/view form of the list and not custom page.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap @Olivia_7 

Yes, view entries are supposed to be the display/view form, I don't have it setup as a custom page. 

Here View Entries button and also listed is the ID that is shown in the SharePoint list when I add the ID column: 

NA20222365_1-1665410480560.png

But for example, when you click view entries above it shows as ID=1, but if I changed that URL to ID=151 it pops up the correct view entries display/view form. My question here is how do I set it to where the URL is automatically reading ID=151 instead of thinking its ID=1? 

NA20222365_2-1665410552488.png

Hi, did you manage to solve this issue? This has just started happening on a list I have been using for 3/4 years, but not for all users oddly!

@ZakHor 

Many of our users have reported this issue, across multiple lists, the only true workaround seems to be to revert the list to classic mode.

We are opening a ticket with Microsoft soon to try and find out what has happened.

The Item ID used for the comments seems to reference the view's item order which is completely broken.

For example, my view lists item ID's 5030-5050 but the link to the comments takes me to ID's 1-20.

Nope - I've also been using my SharePoint lists for a very long time and this issue never popped up before. I wonder if there is any update on an issue like this.
Could you please loop us in when you receive a response back from your ticket?

@NA20222365 this is definitely a bug in the multiple lines of text column append changes to existing text functionality. It should be picking up the correct existing ID but starts at 1 as you've realised.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@NA20222365 @IanGil @ZakHor @Olivia_7 

This seems to be a bug from Microsoft's side. Raise support ticket with Microsoft directly to inform them about this bug.

Follow documentation: Get M365 Support - Online Support 

You can also provide link to this thread in support ticket description if it helps.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

This appears to now be working properly. Never got far enough into the Microsoft ticket to find out what had happened!