Setting Author field when using Patch

Iron Contributor

I have created several PowerApps linked to SharePoint lists, but for the first time I am using Patch. Inserting new rows into the list this way results in the Created By and Modified By fields to be set to the datasource connection user (a service account), instead of the person who is filling out the form.

If I try to set the Author field manually with a user record, then I get a runtime error (the specified column is generated by the server). 

Is there a setting I am missing, or is that how Patch works? Is the only to store the information of the person creating the record is to create a new Person field and put it there?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Pretty sure you cannot specify the created by and as you say it's based on the connector, however I believe it should run as the user when connecting to SharePoint lists? I'll have to follow up on that.

In the meantime, this isn't the actual PowerApps official tech forum and suggest possibly going over there and posting your question there as you will get much more eyes on the issue and people that know this stuff in their sleep :p

Link for that: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Community/ct-p/PowerApps1

@Chris Webb  Thanks I'll do that.