SOLVED

Sending email when form submitted - email does not send

Copper Contributor

I've set up a flow to send an email when a form response is received.  I've done this by using the Form processing to email and SharePoint template and deleting the final sharepoint step.  The flow looks like:

power automate.PNG

However, the email is never received.  The Flow History shows no errors:

power automate 2.PNG

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Many thanks

Tone

5 Replies

@ToneTone when you click on the date in the Start column of the flow runs, what does the output of the Send email action show?

I never use templates which have a habit of getting out of date and not always working. YOu might want to try re-building the flow from blank.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi @RobElliott 

It all says success:

power automate 3.PNG

I understand what you say about templates, but this does seem so simple!  I think the Mail connection might not work.  Is there a better one to use?

Many thanks

Tony

best response confirmed by ToneTone (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ToneTone the Send an email (v2) is the most common one to use although all emails will be sent from you. I use a shared mailbox for all emails going out to our staff with Send an email from a shared mailbox action. One thing to note about the Send an email notification (v3) that you used is that it can only send 100 emails in any rolling 24 hour period, so it's not suitable for a lot of emails.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Thanks @RobElliott 

I'll try Send an Email (v2) tomorrow and I'll report back how it goes.

Tone

Hi @RobElliott 

I moved to V2 as you recommended and all works perfectly now - many thanks.  I did eventually get the emails via the V3 connector - 12 hours late!

Great help - thanks once again

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ToneTone (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ToneTone the Send an email (v2) is the most common one to use although all emails will be sent from you. I use a shared mailbox for all emails going out to our staff with Send an email from a shared mailbox action. One thing to note about the Send an email notification (v3) that you used is that it can only send 100 emails in any rolling 24 hour period, so it's not suitable for a lot of emails.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post