Send email when a specific column is changed to yes

Copper Contributor

I have a SharePoint Online List with a column choice type that has (Yes, No, N/A).  I want the flow to check off only when the column equals Yes.  I have tried a number of ways to get this to work and because I have to use the trigger SharePoint List Created or Modified it triggers on every item that is modified with the column choice type that is equal to yes.  I am trying to figure out how to not get the flow to trigger every time something else is modified after the column is set to yes.  All help appreciated

4 Replies
You will need another flag to use to mark on the item so you can use a condition to not fire when it has that condition. For example I have a flow that stamps pdf's when their approval status is approved. I then stamp the document and in the same flow Mark a "Stamped" column to Yes.

The Condition is set to look for When Item status is Approved AND Stamped is not Yes. Etc.
There is a number of things you could use or search for, but you need something there to tell it not to run after that flow runs.

@spinman  I have done this for a file where I check for the status (column) of the document when status = <Value> then do this  ...

move file.PNG

If that is of no help ... here is a post (which may be of help) for items ... https://siddharthvaghasia.com/2019/08/06/trigger-ms-flow-on-condition-based-on-columns-value-with-sh...

Hope this is of help.

@Chris Webb thanks for the idea.  So I created another column in the list called "LC Flow Run" and its a Yes/No with default set to No and when the flow runs I want it to email and then set the LC Flow Run to Yes. Below is how I have the flow configured but I can't seem to get it to successfully run.  Below is the flow I have.  Any ideas what I have wrong?

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 11.47.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-29 at 11.47.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-29 at 11.48.42 AM.png

That Trigger condition must be true for it to run, so it needs to be No, since you want it to run when No and then your flow changes it to yes so it doesn't run anymore :P.