Send email to only interested colleagues when an attachment is added

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am a newbie to power automate. I created a SharePoint list with many people. Along with the other columns the list has a column called interested where people can add their names if they are interested in the contents of a particular row.

There is another column called learnings for adding attachments relevant to the topic or row. I would like to notify only the interested people about the addition of a new attachment. How can I do it?

I don't want everyone on the SharePoint list to get notified while adding a new attachments. Only the interested ones.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Can you send a SharePoint list of column types?

@Sprinx Is learnings a SharePoint default attachments column or any other type of column?

There is not power automate flow trigger specific to "when new attachment is added". 

Check this related thread to collect email addresses of users from person type column: Send email two months in advance for people who signed up for something on SharePoint list 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Learning column type is attachment
interested column is of type people
@ganeshsanap Yes, it is the default attachment. I changed the name to learnings.

@Sprinx Unfortunately, there is no trigger available in power automate flow specific to "when new attachment is added" to the list item while using SharePoint connector.

Are you uploading attachments directly from list or via Power Apps (I see you have labeled question with Power Apps)?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap Thank you. I am using it from list. I am using power automate to create flows to trigger
Hi @Sprinx,
There is no direct trigger to detect new attachment. But you can use a workaround like, add JSON formatting on List column to trigger workflow directly from list. So when new attachment is added to list item, you can click button to run workflow that will send email to listed users.
Heres a sample JSON formatting I used to trigger workflow from List
NOTE: Use "for a selected item" trigger in workflow.

{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
"elmType": "button",
"customRowAction": {
"action": "executeFlow",
"actionParams": "{\"id\": \"YOUR WORKFLOW ID\"}"
},
"attributes": {
"class": "ms-fontColor-themePrimary ms-fontColor-themeDarker--hover"
},
"style": {
"border": "none",
"background-color": "transparent",
"cursor": "pointer"