SOLVED

send email to a specific users as soon as for a given item created/modified the status is Done.

Iron Contributor

I have created a list with title and choice column called status with values(inProgress, Done, OnHold)

I want to send email to a specific users as soon as for a given item created/modified the status is Done.

How do i achieve that with a flow.

4 Replies
In Flow you can add conditions and check a value coming from a previos action so you can decide which branch in the Flow has to be executed

I have specified the url or the site and list name first when i was using the blank template.

selected for any item change

then i have added condition

and in value equals value , typed Category and next value as abc - in the yes condition i have used outlook to send email to users list. i have saved and run it and it says it run without errors. But i want it to run when in the testlist if i change or add new data with status as abc.

best response confirmed by null null (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Please provide more details on exactly what you have done :) This will allow us to better understand and help/advice.

Example:

1. In Flow portal, chose Create from blank;

2. Chose Search hundreds of connectors and triggers;

3. When the connectors and triggers are shown, chose SharePoint;

4. When the SharePoint triggers are shown, chose SharePoint - When an item is created or modified;

5. In the flow step: When an item is created or modified - entered the site address, chose or entered the list name;

6. Chose New Step: Add a condition;

7. In the Condition, set the first Choose a value field to ...???...;

8. In the Condition, set the last Choose a value field to ...???...;

9. In the If yes branch ....

and so on.

thanks it worked.

I think the blank template is the best option  and choosing a template later from search .

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by null null (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Please provide more details on exactly what you have done :) This will allow us to better understand and help/advice.

Example:

1. In Flow portal, chose Create from blank;

2. Chose Search hundreds of connectors and triggers;

3. When the connectors and triggers are shown, chose SharePoint;

4. When the SharePoint triggers are shown, chose SharePoint - When an item is created or modified;

5. In the flow step: When an item is created or modified - entered the site address, chose or entered the list name;

6. Chose New Step: Add a condition;

7. In the Condition, set the first Choose a value field to ...???...;

8. In the Condition, set the last Choose a value field to ...???...;

9. In the If yes branch ....

and so on.

View solution in original post