Send a Mail When a Field in a SharePoint List has a value of Yes

Brass Contributor

Hello

We have a SharePoint List that people can add to / edit etc...

We want to have a Flow that monitors this list and when a field changes to Yes we want a email sent to a person that basically says "ID 123" has changed

Any idea how this can be done?

25 Replies
I know you suggested this years ago, but this idea is genius and has solved my problems! I wanted to send an email when an application had been approved but I couldn't get it to stop emailing every time that row was amended. This made it a piece of cake so thank you!

@Alexshore those posts are all quite old and have been superceded by the newer when an item or a file is modified trigger with the get changes for an item or a file (properties only) action. This allows you to check whether a specific column has been changed since the previous version. Make sure versioning is turned on in your list.

0-SPList-Versioning.png

1-Flow.png

2-Flow.png

3a-Flow.png

3b-Flow.png

4-Flow.png

5-SPList-StatusChanged.png

6-SPList-Completed.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Thank you all for the tips, I was able to set this up in Power Automate. Follow-up on this, is there a way to consolidate the emails get gets sent out when the field is changed?

For example, I have a user that will submit multiple requests, like up to 20. Once I've completed the task, I'll bulk change the line items in the Sharepoint List to Complete. With the flow created, I'm afraid that it will send an email for each of the request submitted. Is there a simple way to send just one email to the requestor that the line items are done instead of 20?

Thank you!
Hi all,

I am having a view and I want to send a notification to the owner of these views. For example, I have 9 rows with 3 action items for 3 Areas. There is one column with Owner, so 3 owners of these Areas. There is one column name state (In-progress, Completed). My ask is how we can trigger monthly mail notifications to owners if their respective action item state is "In progress" at the start of each month. So if any action item is "In-Progress" then the owners will receive the mail but not for a complete one.
what if, when my column change i want to send an email that states the value of the column.
Ex: Column A will be the remarks column.
so when user add a list on sharepoint, after then i will edit the the remarks field then when it saved it will send an email to the user

@Kevin McKeown 

I created a similar flow that sends an email when a condition in a Share point list column is met i.e. send an email when 'status' eq replenish, send an e-mail. I used a scheduled flow but the problem is it keeps going through the entire table as scheduled and sends to the same people repeatedly except I delete the row. Is there a way to check only a new row and send a mail if condition is met?