SOLVED

Selecting value from tree-view for managed metadata via PowerApps edit form for SharePoint list.

Iron Contributor

Has anyone much experience with setting up how to select managed metadata values via a PowerApps edit form for a SharePoint list? I'm having difficulty finding how to get the selection box to display the data in a tree view the same as the native SharePoint edit & quick edit forms allow.

4 Replies

Just tried googling this again today, and this post was the first search result - d'oh!

Wondering if maybe @Paul Culmsee has an idea? I happened across this video, and seems like there's lost of possibilities... I just haven't found the right combo yet! Have more team cuddles (and some PowerApps UI tricks with Managed Metadata)

best response confirmed by Ian Bruckner (Iron Contributor)
Solution

As you can see in that video, there are lots of possibilities, but a classic treeview is tricky/ugly to do I am afraid...  closest I got was to take the output of the choices() function which will bring back your term set into a collection and groupby() to then format the collection appropriately before then using a gallery/sub gallery technique.

Unfortunately that only works to 2 levels deep. 

I never took the time to find a pattern that can make it look like the classic tree-view of term sets :(

@Paul Culmsee Where can I find an example of the gallery/sub gallery technique using GroupBy as you mentioned?

@Ian Bruckner I am having a similar issue. The PowerApps Choice field lists all the managed metadata values, without any indentation, and in alphabetical order (when I have set a custom sort order). So two issues, I guess: how to show the indent (2-levels is fine this time); and how to honour the sort order set in the TermStore?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ian Bruckner (Iron Contributor)
Solution

As you can see in that video, there are lots of possibilities, but a classic treeview is tricky/ugly to do I am afraid...  closest I got was to take the output of the choices() function which will bring back your term set into a collection and groupby() to then format the collection appropriately before then using a gallery/sub gallery technique.

Unfortunately that only works to 2 levels deep. 

I never took the time to find a pattern that can make it look like the classic tree-view of term sets :(

View solution in original post