PowerApps forms for SharePoint not showing in SharePoint Mobile App

Deleted
Not applicable

I was quite excited when the long anticipated PowerApps button "Customize Forms" showed up yesterday. I immediately updated a modern list where I needed to hide some fields for a better user experience. So far so good on the desktop. But then I looked at the list using the SharePoint Mobile App (iOS) and it's unchanged. The SharePoint Mobile App appears to use the default form. This is unexpected as PowerApps are mobile friendly and the template I used is for phones. My workforce is moving to iPads and phones and mobile is very important to us. Is this going to be addressed?

Below left - Desktop view of custom PowerApps form. 

Below right - SharePoint Mobile App not showing custom form. 

desktopversion.pngmovleversion.jpg

13 Replies

I spoke with a patient Microsoft Support Tech and we tried various things to troubleshoot this issue.

What didn't work:

• uninstalling and reinstalling SharePoint Mobile App
  • Clearing Safari (mobile) cache
  • Delete prior versions of the PowerApp form
  • Deleting the choice type fields
  • Creating an entirely new list custom list and customizing the form

On that last one, we discovered that it matters where you open the list from. If you open from the Quick Launch menu on the mobile app, you get the OOTB SharePoint App rendering of the view and form. No customization.

If you open the list from Site Contents, you basically get the standard desktop browser rendering, which doesn't work well on an iPad or iPhone. The item could not be opened in view mode. The display panel is finicky and displayed the standard default form. But if you edit the form, you see the PowerApp form, though it's not fully functional. The choice field doesn't work for example.

So it looks like the mobile experience for this feature is not there yet, but I hold out hope that maybe my tenant doesn't have all the updates yet. The support person did not have any info that definitively mentioned the mobile support for this feature. I did read in a post by a well-known blogger @WonderLaura that this is working for her.

She wrote: "When you customize a list form, it isn’t going to be an app that will show in your list of apps, or on your phone.  But, when you use the SharePoint mobile app, and go to your list to fill out a form, it *will* be this custom PowerApp form."

https://wonderlaura.com/2017/12/08/customize-list-forms-powerapps-easy-button/   

Quick update: MS Support assured me this will eventually work. The tenants are not all updated yet with the feature that should allow SharePoint Mobile App to use the custom SharePoint PowerApp form. Wait mode.

Wondering if you've heard anything further from MS about this.  I have the same issue on my android SharePoint mobile app.

Not a word. I wish that PowerApps had a roadmap listed on the Office 365 roadmap.

I've just tried it. PowerApps forms still don't show up in the SharePoint mobile apps. Looks like a terrible oversight. I've created a feature request. I say we should vote for this feature to beincluded: https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/33836473-support-mobile-app-add-su...

@Denis Molodtsov Seems this still doesn't work. Just tried after testing out as my company migrates to O365. What a huge miss, what's the use to using PowerApps forms if we can't do anything with it on Mobile?

We're on the GCC tenant, i just tried this.  Still appears to use the default form inside the SharePoint Mobile App.

Hmmm so 3 years later and still no mobile despite powerapps being designed around mobile?

This issue is very significant.

All the custom forms designed in SharePoint with security controls are invalid if a user can access the simple list form in the SharePoint App and edit those fields. 

This is forcing me to consider Nintex again, even after going to Office 365.

Please fix this urgently!

Ideally have a List Settings option to disable Lists showing up on the SharePoint app quick launch as a starting point. At least this way we can overcome the security issue for now.

You can then keep working on making sure the list in SharePoint App triggers the custom form when clicked.

Hey there,

Any update in 2021?
Does nobody need powerapp custom form in mobile App?

@oleg_lapchynskyi 

just tried it and the found this blog. 

Still not working :(

As I encountered it so often: Microsoft is promising things they do not keep. 

I encounter this issue and found this page from google.
It seems the issue is still existing :(.
Stumbled across this post having the same issue... still no solution over 6 years later...