SOLVED

Powerapps filter Gallery

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am creating a power app to view and make entries in a sharepoint list.

Now I created a new Screen with a gallery and the source is my sharepoint list. In the list, there is a field that is called "closed" and it has a drop down menu with yes/no. Now I want this particular gallery to only show the lines of the sharepoint list were the field "closed" is set to 'No'. 

Is there any way to do that?

I experimented a bit by changing the following line, but nothing seems to work.

Capture.JPG

For any help I would be greatful!

Thanks

Christina

5 Replies

Hi @christina_hoeglinger,

You can use the "Filter" command in the "Items" property to filter the list.

Here is my unfiltered app:

1.PNG

Here is my filtered app and code:

SortByColumns(Filter([@PowerAppsDemo], Closed = false), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

2.PNG 

Unfortunately, using "true" does not work as expected. Here is a version of the code for "true" but be warned you will get "Delegation" warnings.

SortByColumns(Filter([@PowerAppsDemo], Closed <> false), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

3.PNG

I hope this helps.

Norm

best response confirmed by christina_hoeglinger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

It’s a drop down aka choice column with those values and so it’s a delegated query now so if you use filter(data source,closed.value = “no”) in items you will get the result you need.

@Chris Webb thanks for pointing that out. I missed it in the original post.

@christina_hoeglinger, Chris' code example should give you what you need.

Norm

Thank you so much! I actually was pretty close to this solution, i just forgot the .Value after Closed @Chris Webb 

I have follow-up question regarding your post: when you say delegated query, do you mean that the job gets passed on to sharepoint? I think I read about this, but I am not sure if this is what you mean here?

It has something to do with powerapps being only able to use a limited number of rows? 500 I think?

Thanks again for your help!

Christina

Yes, in the past, if you filtered on a choice column it was not delegated which means you could only filter on the first 500 rows of the datasource. Now it's a delegable data type so you can filter on the entire record set (returning up to 500, or 2000 if configured of that filter).
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by christina_hoeglinger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

It’s a drop down aka choice column with those values and so it’s a delegated query now so if you use filter(data source,closed.value = “no”) in items you will get the result you need.

View solution in original post