Jun 02 2020 05:45 AM
Jun 02 2020 05:45 AM
I made a Power Automate that is triggered when a new item in a Sharepoint list is made. Next step is to make an agenda event (V4). Some dynamic data from the list are used to make the event in the Agenda.
Very important is that the agenda event is scheduled at a date/time which is derived from a date/time filed from the list. This is where the flow goes wrong:
- the list item that triggers the flow has a date/time field, named ReminderTime, set at 14:30 (which is a time some hours ahead of when the listigen was created).
- I used that ReminderTime field to set the event time in my agenda (thus, at at 14:30)
- however, the event was created at 23:30 in the agenda. Strange! My time zone is UTC+1 (Amsterdam).
First question: how to configure the event action so that the scheduled time in the agenda is set at the desired date/time?
Second question: what formula should I use to the end time of the event, e.g. 15 minutes after the start time? In the flow that I made I used the same date/time to set both the start and endtime of the agenda entry.
Thanks in advance for helping me out on this one!
Jun 03 2020 12:51 AMSolution
Hi @Bernd Kroon
Based on your description, here's a few things to consider:
Your first question
1. Make sure that the SharePoint site regional settings are correctly configured as it can mess with the time and dates that are displayed in the list (e.g. our keeps defaulting to US when we are in Australia). I personally like to do this as I think it's missed often when new sites are set up.
2. You need to use the Convert time zone action as this will help you to ensure that the list dates/times will be converted correctly to the timezone you want.
Here's a bit more info on this:
For your second question, I just add a minute from the start date as my end date so it gets onto the calendar.
Hope this provides a way forward for you.
If you run into any issues you can't resolve, please do reply and show us the flow (redact sensitive info like URLs) so that we can help you.
Cheers and best wishes
Jun 03 2020 02:24 AM