Odd Behavior - SharePoint Custom PowerApps Forms Loading Problem

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I posted this message over on the PowerApps community board but no luck so far.  Hoping someone here might be able to help me out or point me in the right direction.

I've got a few custom SharePoint forms (i.e. using PowerApps integration) in use, some for lists and some for document libraries.  Recently I've encountered some odd behavior on initial loading of a custom form.  Here's what's happening now and I don't know why:

1. If I click the list item (i.e. to edit properties/metadata) the form opens every time with no issue.
  2. If I select the item first and open the details pane, then click "Edit All", nothing seems to happen.  But as soon as I close the details pane, then the custom form will appear with the correct list item selected.
  3. The above issue only happens the first time I try to initiate the form after navigating to the list!  The next time, it works as expected and the form opens when "Edit All" is clicked!  If I navigate to another list or library, then navigate back, the problem starts all over again as described in #2 above.
  4. For document libraries, behavior is similar but of course clicking the document directly opens the document itself so that's not an option to edit metadata.  For documents, if I select the document then open the details pane, the behavior is same as #2 above the first time I try edit document properties/metadata.  After that, it works as expected until I navigate away and back (even navigating to a different folder in the library will create the same issue).
  5. Also, for document libraries, if I select a document and click "Properties" (which should open the form in view mode), nothing  seems to happen on the first one I try.  But if I simply do something to open another pane - for example, clicking on the site settings (gear) icon to open setting dialog - the form will suddenly appear!  I can also reload the web page and try again and it will work as expected - until I navigate away and back again then same issue comes back.

I'm well aware of cache issues and the need to reload/refresh after publishing the app, but this seems to be something else.  I've tried other browsers, flushing the browswer cache/history, incognito mode, you name it.  Nothing changes this behavior and I think it's nuts to expect users to have to reload the web page every time they navigate to a new list or library (or folder within the library).

Any idea what is going on here and how to fix it?  It is suddenly affecting all of my integrated custom PowerApps forms and I don't think this was the case until recently.  Help!

P.S. - When I switch back to the standard SP form, it works as normal of course.  Behavior only affects the customized form.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

1 Reply

@kldmld531 

Wow no replies to this after all this time?
I am having these issues as well, but for me it's only with Firefox.