OAuth2 Error trying to sign into Yammer

Iron Contributor

When creating a new Flow template, choose "Yammer - When there is a new message in a group"

The first thing it makes you do , of course, is authenticate with Yammer. So, we click SIgn in, we enter user/pass. All good, then it pops up the Yammer page that says "Your credentials will be forwarded to Microsoft PowerApps (Europe), we click "Alllow"

As soon as we do that, i get the OAuth2 error that says this

OAuth2 authorization flow failed for service 'Yammer'. OAuth 2 sign in failed to exchange code for access token. Client credentials in request body. Response status code=Forbidden. Response body: Your network is not allowed to request an OAuth token for this Application Client credentials in request Basic authorization header. Response status code=NotFound. Response body: invalid client application

Anyone have any ideas?

13 Replies

It has to be something wtih it being from out of the US, because it works fine on my test tenant and using my account that is inside the US

Here are the screenshots,if anyone has an idea

I thought it was just us, we are having the same issue.

We cannot connect Yammer in Powerapps.

Regards

Andy Tyrer

Same issue here... outside US.. Smiley Sad

Anyone from Microsoft reading this thread?

Yes we found that the case for the powerapps and flow environment for Europe... worked for the US environment, but there are no options to change default environment locations...

Come on Microsoft Ive had a ticket open for more than a week about this...

You are getting this error because you do not have permission to connect 3rd party apps to your Yammer network.

You need to Authorize 3rd Party Apps in the Yammer Network Admin Settings (Network Admin> Configuration > Enabled Features).

Note: this will enable 3rd party apps for your entire Yammer network and your users will have access to the Yammer app directory.

Hi Andy. You may want to see my reply below in case it solves your issue.
Microsoft fixed this mid December - was a known issue.

hi Andy

Still doesn't work for me...

I raised a call on MS just before xmas, no response yet..

We do not currently have the 'Alllow 3rd party apps' set, Is yours set to allow?

Hi Russ
I had the same error until i enabled 3rd party apps, so I'm pretty sure this is the solution to your issue.
How can you connect to your Yammer account from a 3rd party app (ie Flow) if 3rd party apps are not allowed on your Yammer network ?

Hi, I have "3rd Party Applications" enabled, but this does not solves the issue. Any other ideas?

Here is what i found here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-cannot-connect-to-Yammer/m-p/8090#M2116

"This error is commonly thrown when the Yammer organization you belong to has explicitly disabled support for third party integrations. You should speak with your administrator on getting this enabled."

You should talk to your Office 365 Administrator to make sure Authentication is set-up correctly and 3rf party apps are allowed.

Encountering the same error in test tenant where 3rd Party is enabled. Please confirm if this works only in Corporate tenants only and not in the test licence? 

4.png