News Post - Full Description (Email Body)

Copper Contributor

I have searched for articles relating to using Power Automate to send an email when a Sharepoint news item is posted which works for me just fine.

When using the field "description" to put the news item content into the email it only contains the first few words of the paragraph.

Our marketing dept want us to post news articles but really we just want to continue sending emails however the compromise was that we would post a news item and it would send out the email.

However as the description field gets chopped off the and the email becomes a bit irrelevant as the user would have to click through to sharepoint, which really we want them to be able to see the full information in the email.

Can you include the "full" description in the body of the email? 

Thanks

11 Replies

@StormCloud79 Hi, did you find a solution to this? I am having the same issue.

@jonna1973 unfortunately not, so I didnt bother even trying to send emails.  Very frustrating.

Seems like a very basic requirement, especially for use with guests not assigned to the system - thanks for the quick response. Hopefully a work around will be established...
Which action you are using to get news post item from Power Automate? are using using Search API / REST API or Get Items action ?

@StormCloud79 @jonna1973 Can you show us how you setup this flow (add screenshots if possible)?

Also, which description field you want to send in an email? Short description related to news or complete news page contents?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi I am using 'When a file is created or modified (properties only)'

The description file is 'Description' from the SharePoint results
When a file is created or modified (Properties only), site pages - Condition, Promoted state is equal to 2 - Send an email (V2) 'Title' and 'Description'

@jonna1973 / @StormCloud79 

Try this solution & see if it works for you: Send SharePoint Page HTML Content in Outlook Email 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@jonna1973 / @StormCloud79 

You can also get the full HTML content of SharePoint page using REST API (Send an HTTP request to SharePoint) with URL: 

https://{{my_site}}/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('Site Pages')/items(4)/FieldValuesAsHtml?$select=CanvasContent1

CanvasContent1 property has the HTML content of a page. 

Thank you, would it be possible to show this in a flow? so I could follow it correctly please?

@jonna1973 Try following this article: Send SharePoint Page HTML Content in Outlook Email