Newly created folder (with Power Automate) not syncing automatically on Windows

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is a temporary bug, but I have not found any other topic discussing this and I figured that maybe someone has already come across the same issue.

Our customers use a List and when they create a new line in it, a Cloud Flow triggers and creates a Sharepoint folder with the same name as in the List Title, and then copies the Sharepoint folder link into a column in the List. This part works fine.

What is weird is that any folder created with this flow doesn't sync automatically on Windows Explorer.

If we manually create a file, either from Windows or Sharepoint, then everything syncs (even the folder created by Flow).

Are we missing something in the flow, or is something else causing this that we are not aware of?

Thanks a lot for any help that you will be able to provide :) 

power automate folder creation.jpg

power automate folder creation 2.jpg

2 Replies

@OvertechNC 

We have exactly the same problem, did you ever manage to resolve this?

@rockapot_tech 

Sadly not :sad: MS doesn't seem to know what's happening either, since there's no answer from them yet...

The only thing that I observed is that the folder will appear eventually, but way too late if you need to use it right away (it might take hours if the folder stays empty).

The only workaround would be to pause OneDrive sync and put it back on again, but I can't ask users to think about that everytime... :lol:

One other thing I noticed is that it has nothing to do with Lists or Power Automate. I tried to create a folder manually from Teams or Sharepoint, and I get the same behaviour...it will take ages to sync by itself if the folder is empty and I don't force the sync myself !