In a flow use a deleted view (hidden)

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I have a flow that requires alot of columns to be updated. For this to work I need to use a view where the columns are shown. However I can not use all columns since the lookup threshhold.

My idea was to create a view with the columns I need and then delete it since it´s still saved in Sharepoint Online.

I just can´t get this to work in flow when I enter a custom value. Anyone done this?

2 Replies

@36048419 if you reference a deleted view in your flow the flow will inevitably fail. You will probably need to create several views with different columns in each then have several Get items actions each one specifying one of the views, then have several different update item actions. It's not difficult I think but there are more steps in the flow than you probably expect. As always, come back with any questions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott Thank you for your reply.

I´ve got the flow to work but I don´t want the users to be confused by alot of views. I have used this in the past where I create an admin view and save the URL and then delete the view. it´s still accessible.

It´s no way to hide views in modern layout right?