How to get links of some Sharepoint Query to a central place

Copper Contributor

How to get links of some Sharepoint Query to a central place

I am facing an interesting problem. For an application, I need to collect links (and some metadata/properties: year, company_division, type and date_document_modified) from a large number of Sharepoint sites based on some query mechanism, and subsequently put them in a Sharepoint list at a central location on some central Sharepoint site. Connected to this Sharepoint list will be a Logic App that has a trigger task of ‘when an item is created or modified’ on this list. Note that the ability to use of LogicApp on a list of links is a must in the solution, sadly I’m bound to this, and thus not looking for alternative solutions.

To do so, I want to query the whole of a certain Sharepoint environment where I want to i.e. get all document urls, year, company_division, type and the date_document_modified for a query like ‘type:"notes" company_division:"division1" year:”2020”’, and get these properties automatically transferred to a list based on this query. Is there a possibility to do this from just the general Sharepoint GUI? So the flow is: Query -> Results -> Output to some Sharepoint list. If no, is there a programmatic way to achieve this kind of solution (I would much rather prefer a non-programmatic and simplistic way though)? Output in the list would have to look basically like this:

document_url

type

company_division

year

date_document_modified

url1

notes

division1

22-09-2022

url2

notes

division1

22-09-2022

Also, I would like to be able to automatically schedule the Sharepoint query to run once every X days in some way or another (preferably using the Sharepoint GUI, but otherwise maybe with PowerAutomate or something). With this, I would also – if possible – like to be able to modify list elements, for example when a new entry is added that has the same url, type, company division and year, but has a new ‘date_document_modified’.

Is there any way to achieve this without too much programmatic hassle and if not, are there programmatic ways to achieve such a scenario?

0 Replies