SOLVED

How to generate or edit a Form in Microsoft Forms using Power Automate

Copper Contributor

I'm looking for a way to create Microsoft Form questions and answers in Power Automate.

Can I generate a new Forms page from Power Automate?

Or can I refer to some data in an existing form and embed it in a question?

I would appreciate it if anyone could teach me.

Thank you.

11 Replies
Hi @SHCNakamura, have you considered posting adaptive cards in Teams and collecting the responses?
No. I'd like to edit or add questions in forms using Microsoft Forms action etc.
best response confirmed by SHCNakamura (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @SHCNakamura , I don't think there's a way of dynamically creating a MS Form. If I were needing to ask questions or capture data where options or questions varied I would consider using a PowerApp over MS Forms.

@SHCNakamura there is no trigger or action in Power Automate to create forms or questions. The only one is for when a new response is submitted.

You asked "Or can I refer to some data in an existing form and embed it in a question?" No, Forms is a very simple product and you can't reference other data, pre-populate anything or embed anything in a form.

You've asked similar questions both here and in the Forms forum with basically the same response. I think you'd be better looking at something like Power Apps for your form.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Thank you for answering.

I will also check out the PowerApp.

Thank you for your frequent answers.

I'm sorry to ask a similar question.
I would like to examine PowerApp from scratch.

@RobElliott 

I am very sorry for the additional question.

I examine and consider Power Apps, but I came up with good idea.
I'm sorry for overlooking the sentence "you'd be better looking at something like Power Apps".
Is it difficult for me to do with Microsoft products?

Best regards.

@SHCNakamura Power Apps is a Microsoft product and one of the Office 365 apps, like Forms but you can do a lot more.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Thank you for your kindness.

I will investigate more deeply.

Is there a hint to create a question-and-answer app from Excel or Database using PowerApp?
Is there no choice but to edit the text labels and list box items one by one?
I would appreciate it if you could teach me.

@SHCNakamura I recently made a video to explain how to build Power Automate flow to collect information from an MS Form and store and manage it in Model Driven (Dataverse) Power App.

https://youtu.be/kAweeO9VZvQ

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SHCNakamura (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @SHCNakamura , I don't think there's a way of dynamically creating a MS Form. If I were needing to ask questions or capture data where options or questions varied I would consider using a PowerApp over MS Forms.

View solution in original post