Get Items for Zendesk connector fails without Maximum Get Count in Flow

Copper Contributor

Scenario: I want to record our daily open tickets (actually the count of items) in Zendesk to Excel Online in OneDrive. Our ZD plan does not provide this in the ZD UI. I created a new scheduled Flow based on the existing Get Items action for Zendesk. I am able to get the filtered items and compose the number of open tickets and store it in a Excel, so the whole process works.

Problem is that the Get Items works only if I specify the Maximum Get Count to be lower then the actual number of open tickets. If I leave it blank (the description of the field says the default there is 512 records), the Flow gets stuck in trying to get the records. Example: We have 25 open tickets and I set Maximum Get Count to be 25 or under, everything works. If I set it to 26 or higher, the Get item phase never finishes and the flow fails after 4 retries. 

Zendesk Get Items is still in Preview mode. Is this still just a bug or am I doing something wrong? This is my first Flow.

1 Reply

Hi @Pekka_Aho 

It's possible that your flow is waiting for the criteria to be met before proceeding with the output.

I'm not a user of ZenDesk so you'll have to play with this idea, but you could use Get items to retrieve all open tickets first into an Excel spreadsheet template, do a count of how many records there are, and then use that count to inform the Maximum Get Count.

Sorry to be vague but without seeing ZenDesk in action, it's a working theory that hopefully gives you some ideas to solve your issue.

Cheers and best wishes

Damien