SOLVED

Flow: SharePoint Library sync

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I've been looking but can't find the answer to my exact question that has steps to resolution.

I have two SharePoint sites both with their own Document Libraries. What I want to do is sync a folder from SharePoint Site 1 Document Library to SharePoint Site 2 Document Library. I can live with it being a one way sync but two way would be better.

I believe I should be able to do this with Flow but I can't seem to make it work. The best I've achieved is Flow syncing across filenames but the files created don't seem to have content and can't be opened. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ben 

6 Replies
best response confirmed by simsbsims (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @simsbsims,

You can "kind of" sync files between sites and document libraries but there are caveats. You will need a Flow to create/update and another to delete. It's important to note that a manual initial sync will need to be completed.

Here is an example create/update Flow:

clipboard_image_0.png

Here is an example delete Flow:

clipboard_image_1.png

I hope this helps.

Norm

Thanks Norman; just what I needed!

Thanks @Norman Young I have been struggling with this one for way longer than I should have. I could only find somewhat complicated explanations, this is so simple I don't know why it was so hard to find this info. 

One thing I will add is the delete function in your explanation only works when you are using two seperate sites (I was using one test site and it didn't work, switched to two and it works great).

@Norman Young 

hi there,

just wonder in the step 2 of the delete file flow,  how do we know the ID you get from the source document is same as the destination document ? 

Thanks

Nick

May I understand further, what is manual initial sync? Thanks

@hiivan I assume that @Norman Young means you would need to manually copy the files the first time.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by simsbsims (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @simsbsims,

You can "kind of" sync files between sites and document libraries but there are caveats. You will need a Flow to create/update and another to delete. It's important to note that a manual initial sync will need to be completed.

Here is an example create/update Flow:

clipboard_image_0.png

Here is an example delete Flow:

clipboard_image_1.png

I hope this helps.

Norm

View solution in original post