Flow save failing on popular template due to obscure date format issue

Bronze Contributor

In using this template I'm getting this error merely by saving, without making anything but necessary changes (i.e. Calendar IDs):

Flow save failed with code 'OpenApiOperationParameterValidationFailed' and message 'Input parameter 'newEvent' validation failed in workflow operation 'Create_an_event': The parameter with value '"@triggerOutputs()?['body/Start']"' in path 'newEvent/start' with type/format 'String/date-no-tz' is not convertible to type/format 'String/date-time'.'.

It ties to body/Start, which in code form is:

triggerOutputs()?['body/Start']

What is wrong with that?  I saw one post recommending replacing it with this (as well as the body/end version for End time), which a) Shouldn't be necessary to do for a popular template from MS, and b) Translates the items into UTC, which is unwanted.

convertToUtc(triggerOutputs()?['body/start'], 'Eastern Standard Time')

I did realize eventually that you can get around the UTC problem by using this (again, and the corresponding body/end one for End time), but it's pretty stupid:

convertToUtc(triggerOutputs()?['body/start'], 'GMT Standard Time')

8 Replies

Thanks for taking the time to post this.  The Office 365 to Google Calendar flow is very badly broken.  Microsoft have removed all the previously supported and working Google sync, and the one they added back requires this fix.

Good job :)

@Brian . 

This worked to preserve the correct time for me. But I wonder, will I need to change it when DST comes?

convertFromUtc(convertToUtc(triggerOutputs()?['body/start'], 'Central Standard Time'), 'Central Standard Time')

Any advice will be appreciate with my similar error:

(a) Using Dynamic Content "Event Start Date Time"

Flow save failed with code 'OpenApiOperationParameterValidationFailed' and message 'Input parameter 'item' validation failed in workflow operation 'Create_a_Teams_meeting': The parameter with value '"@triggerOutputs()?['body/start']"' in path 'item/start/dateTime' with type/format 'String/date-time' is not convertible to type/format 'String/date-no-tz'.'.

(b)  Expression1 convertToUtc(triggerOutputs()?['body/start'], 'GMT Standard Time')

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_a_Teams_meeting' inputs at line '1' and column '22105': 'The template language function 'convertToUtc' expects its second parameter to be a time zone matching the time zone indicated by the timestamp. The provided value '(UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London' is not valid or does not match the timestamp '2020-11-30T14:00:00.0000000Z'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#ConvertToUtc for usage details.'.

@SamTech 

Did you ever find an answer for this? I'm encountering the exact same issue

@JoeK13F @SamTech 

I was experiencing the same issue. I resolved it by using the 'Convert Time Zone' action on my date field. I just chose the same time zone for both parameters but specified the format to be 'Sortable date/time pattern'. Then I was able to feed the output directly into my next step (Create Teams Meeting). Hope this helps you, too.Screenshot 2021-07-29 154800.png

@lthomas138 

This is the solution for my problem, Thank you very much!

RandyH80_0-1630581508838.png

I think the conversion isn't working like as it should be because when I choose the correct source time zone, it just keeps adding the times to the original one form the calendar event. I have UTC+1, but when I left it to UTC+1 it just added 2 hours on the planning - not so good :)

The only thing that works fine is just reset it to UTC to UTC with no time zone selected, then it will keep the correct hour. Odd. Did you have the issue? (create event v4 for SP Online)

Br, R

Where exactly did you add the convert time zone, I am having the same issue after adding this under my create event. @lthomas138 Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.41.35 PM.png

@Danyia_Zia Here is an example of my flow:

RandyH80_0-1681737030550.png

The format start time is an expression, 

formatDateTime(triggerOutputs()?['body/EventDate'])
Convert time zone settings:
Format string: Round-trip date/time pattern - 2009-06-15T13:45:30.0000000-07:00 [o]
UTC
UTC+1
Keep an eye on the format string.
Afterwards I did a new test with a positive result
RandyH80_1-1681737336660.png