SOLVED

Edit item - not all field filled in.

Brass Contributor

I have customized SPO form when a new item is creating in the list.

When I want to edit fully filled in item, not all fields have data inside.

OvertimeRequest_No_Data.gif

Could someone advise how to solve this kind of problem? 

Two fields that auto-populate get data from excel file based on badge number.

5 Replies

Hi @Freenit,

Can you explain how the two fields that auto-populate get data from excel file based on badge number? Is it a Flow?

Norm

@Norman Young 

Excel located at OneDrive. I use the "Import from Exel" connection in PowerApp.

Then in the two auto-populated fields I use the LooKup(Filter()) formula to get data based on badge number.

@Freenit this is new to me. I tried to get it to work but had no luck. Sorry can't help.

Norm

best response confirmed by Freenit (Brass Contributor)
Solution
If that's a form control, select the field cards there and there should be a "Default" property. That needs to be set to field, it should really need to be a filter if you are pulling data directly from the document it should just be a ThisItem.Columnname or just Columnname unless you are doing extra filtering.

If you could post a bit more about your sheet and the default / items etc. properties of a few of those controls.

Hi @Chris Webb 

ThisItem.ColumnName helped.

Thank you very much.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Freenit (Brass Contributor)
Solution
If that's a form control, select the field cards there and there should be a "Default" property. That needs to be set to field, it should really need to be a filter if you are pulling data directly from the document it should just be a ThisItem.Columnname or just Columnname unless you are doing extra filtering.

If you could post a bit more about your sheet and the default / items etc. properties of a few of those controls.

View solution in original post