SOLVED

Dynamic Deep Linking from SharePoint page

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I want to open a PowerApp from a SharePoint page, but PowerApp has to know from which page it was opened in order to filter on the right dataset.

Unfortunately modern SharePoint does not have a content editor web part anymore where I could embed a JavaScript that might be able to find the URL it was embedded into.

So my problem is to find the information from where PowerApp got started, not the deep linking itself...

Are there any solutions?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by FastTrack-F1 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FastTrack-F1 You can use modern script editor web part developed using SPFx to read the URL of current page using JavaScript and build dynamic URL to Power apps on SharePoint page.

Use this web part:

1. Script editor web part for modern pages built in React 
  2. Modern CEWP by SPJS - Not trusted as source code is not provided

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately I now have to start a fight with our IT to install it on my site...

@Microsoft: Why do you always cut existing, useful solutions? SharePoint 2010 might not have looked so nice like modern page design, but at least as a site owner you could implement technical solutions that fit your needs.

@FastTrack-F1 You can request SharePoint tenant administrator to at least enable to app catalog specific to your site collection to use this web part.

DocumentationUse the site collection app catalog 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by FastTrack-F1 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FastTrack-F1 You can use modern script editor web part developed using SPFx to read the URL of current page using JavaScript and build dynamic URL to Power apps on SharePoint page.

Use this web part:

1. Script editor web part for modern pages built in React 
  2. Modern CEWP by SPJS - Not trusted as source code is not provided

View solution in original post