Feb 11 2022 02:29 PM
Feb 11 2022 02:29 PM
I have a simple SP online list which uses a NEW/EDIT form customized in powerapps. It works flawlessly when I am using it myself as the author, but I needed to share it externally, so I shared with with my own personal O365 account for testing, as deployment needs to be seamless to "real" external users.
When I log in on my home PC with my personal O365 "school/work" account, I see several issues:
1. The list is visible, but the data in it is old. I don't mean some data is missing - I mean the actual values for the same records are a day old, and records created earlier today are not visible at all. I can see the new data on my work laptop, and it has more lines, and newer data.
2. When I click on Title field, I get the "almost there" message, with "Office 365 Outlook" connection needing "fixed". I can't fix this whatever I do. Authentication Error - though I AM logged into Sharepoint with my O365 account.
3. The powerapp canvas / Form isn't displaying at all.
Feb 12 2022 01:28 PM - edited Feb 12 2022 01:30 PM
So I discovered a lot about this,and i think I have a way out.
1. The "old data" was because I had versioning enabled, and users set to view only Approved items (or at least "approved item VERSIONS - which were old of course". All the recent documents were set up "pending" state, due to me doing an "update item" in the flow, after the approval. I have now set users to be able to view drafts, but also added a "Set Approval Status" Step at the end of my flow (one for reject, one for approve)
2. It is true that no matter what I do, I cannot get the O365 connector to work with a Runtime User, and I also can't get a child flow to isolate my powerapp from the O365 connector.
I'm going to put a helper column in the database which I will set to "1" when an email needs to be sent. I'll have another flow, with a change trigger, conditional on seeing this "1". At that point, it will pull the data, send the email and reset the trigger to "0" to avoid recursion.
I'm hoping that will work.