Disable Auto-Save in Site Pages library

Brass Contributor

I've created a flow to send notification when a site page is updated and missing some properties (i.e. lookup column).  However, the flow [When a file is created or updated (properties only)] keeps retriggering each time the page is auto-saved.

How do I disable auto-saving in Site Pages?  I checked the advanced settings and couldnt find it. 

4 Replies

Hi,@Tamras1972 

Site page library, the word open browser is not an option available to disable autosave but it is the open word in the available option to disable autosave. I added SS for how to close autosave in word. It first direct Option.

khushbu_2-1679570413070.png

Second step.
 Word->File->Option->save->AutoSave files stored in the Cloud by default in word (click disable and then ok button)

Thank you but that's not what I was looking for. I wanted to disable the auto-save on the Site Pages library (not files in Document library). This is for the SharePoint pages, or web pages, not for any Word or Excel files.

Hello,@Tamras1972 
Disable auto-save functionality on SharePoint pages. 

1. Open the SharePoint page that has auto-save enabled.
  2. Click on the "Edit" button to enter edit mode.
  3. Click on the "Page" tab in the ribbon at the top of the page.
  4. Click on the "Page details" button, and then click on "Page properties".
  5. In the "Page properties" pane, scroll down to the "Page Version History" section.
  6. Toggle the switch next to "Auto-save" to the "Off" position.
  7. Click "Save" to apply the changes.

@Tamras1972 I don't think there is any out of the box setting available for SharePoint online modern experience pages to turn OFF auto save functionality.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs