Crosspost: Issue With Excel Query

Copper Contributor

I posted this issue on the Excel and PowerApps forums, but I figured I might as well post it here as well. If this doesn't belong here please let me know and I will find the appropriate community.

I have been developing a form-based app using PowerApps that collects data regarding appointment reschedules for the company I work for. I have it storing the data in a SharePoint List that I have connected to this Excel Spreadsheet where we then go and send the data out for the individual days. On my end everything works perfectly. I can use the PowerApp to input the data for the day and go to Excel and refresh to see the up-to-date changes just fine. However, this is not the case for my users. When downloading the Query file from Lists and opening it, everything works fine for the user the first time they open as long as they click the right buttons to enable the active content, but then when they try to refresh the data they get a random error. I am not able to reproduce this error on my end so I assume there's something going on with the permissions that are allowed for the users, but when clicking the "Technical Details" button on the error page there's a script error box. Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

I ran some tests on various user accounts and they are all getting the same issues. I am assuming that there's some kind of permission issues, but since the SharePoint error site isn't giving me any information I have no way to know how to fix it. I figure the script error is from Internet Explorer, but I wanted to include it just in case.

bjwinstead_0-1653945398345.png

0 Replies