Create folders and sub-folders in document library with Power Automate flow

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

I was wondering if there is anyway to create a Power Apps flow that does the followings:

1-) Create a folder 

2-) Create multiple sub-folder in the folder that is created in step-1

Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF-EKKgLSvs

In the video above, users have to go to Power Apps portal and run the flow from there.

My requirement is:

I need the create folders flow button to be in the SharePoint document library so that users don't have to go to the  Power Apps portal to run the flow.

powerautomate #nestedfolder #documentlibrary This video is about how to create nested folder structure inside sharepoint docuemnt library using Power Automate. we can do that using create new folder action in Power Automate.
5 Replies

@Naligurtan You can create a power automate flow as shown in video to create folders and subfolders. Then you have below two options to create a button in SharePoint online document library:

1. Using JSON formatting: You can create a button in library using JSON to run a power automate flow. Check this: Create a button to launch a Flow - note that this button will be added against each file/item in your library
  2. Using SPFx list view command set: Create a HTTP triggered power automate flow and run it using button create via SPFx list view command set.

Use these links for more information:

1. Execute Power Automate Workflow from SPFx 
  2. Build your first ListView Command Set extension 

Similar thread: I made a flow! Now how can I let others use it? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

How can I create folder using words extracted (compose-split) from email subject?

@Wibisono1340 Which action are you using for creating the folder? Did you already extracted the name for folder or you need help with it as well?

If you have already extracted the name for folder, use Create folder action in the Power automate flow and pass the extracted name for folder using dynamic content in the flow.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

@ganeshsanap I used outlook email as receiver as the trigger, then I extracted words from subject to create folder name. Split subject text is for splitting subject words, extracted subject 1-3 are for each word that is extracted

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 09.13.50.png

@Wibisono1340 However, it took longer time to do it.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 16.45.57.png