SOLVED

Create clickable link to item in description field

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I have created a Flow that sends a task to Planner when a SP-item is created. Now I need to include a clickable link to the SP-item in the Planner description field. How do I achieve this?

Regards,

Margareta

21 Replies
Thanks so much for this explanation, Maggan. We used your approach to be able to link to originating tasks in our Planner for assignees who receive follow up tasks. As a lot of information is found in the original (but closed and completed) tasks, this proves really helpful for those in charge of following up on all sorts of tasks.

We did, however, insert the link in the description field, seeing as Power Automate does not (yet) seem to support a way to uncheck the "Show on card" that defaults when we use References - this took up a lot of space in the Follow Up Bucket, so it quickly became messy and cluttered.

So, while we hope for extended options in Power Automate for both toggling the "show on card" and inserting html in the description field, this works a charm for our setup.

Your hints for initializing a variable was the kick we needed, though. Thank you!