Converting Dates from MS Forms into ISO 8601 Format for use in SharePoint datetime field

Iron Contributor

Hi all,

Hope that you're all keeping safe. 

I'm having a problem that I hope the community can help me with.  I'm designing a Forms to SharePoint workflow via Power Automate and some date fields are giving me some issues.   I've got several date pickers in my forms that return data, which I then try to add to a SharePoint list.  The SharePoint List field is a date time configured to date only in the UTC format.  Sadly this doesn't work.

I've tried to get around this via the Convert Date Time function, but this also fails, informing me that I'm not using the correct format of ISO8061 for the Date.  This is where I'm a little confused.  I understand this date format to be YYYY-MM-DD, which is the exact format that Forms has captured its dates in.  I'll post a few screenshots below but any help in sorting this out would be very much appreciated.  I'm aware the response is in manipulating the Forms output but I'm not sure on how to proceed.

Thanks
Steve

This is how I've configured my ConvertTimeZone actionThis is how I've configured my ConvertTimeZone actionThis is the returned date format from FormsThis is the returned date format from FormsThis is the error that the ConvertTimeZome returnsThis is the error that the ConvertTimeZome returns

2 Replies
The case for date formats needs to be exact: yyyy-MM-dd is the correct format with only the MM in uppercase.
Any suggestions on how I'd achieve that format?